According to a recent report released by RE/MAX, Canadians are seeing greater stability in returning to recreational markets. If you’re been thinking about purchasing cottage/resort property – the time is now!
In case you’re wondering, the shift can be attributed to six major factors:
- Confidence is growing in overall economic performance.
- Selection of recreational product is at its best level in recent years.
- Prices have softened in many Canadian markets.
- Paper wealth accumulated in the stock market in recent years is making its way into recreational property markets.
- Purchasers are bypassing tighter financing criteria through HELOCs (Home Equity Line of Credit) on their principle residence.
- Increased foreign and out-of-province investment.
For list of starting prices of cottage/resort communities from coast to coast Download the Recreational Property Starting Price Chart 2009-2013