Realtor’s Association of Hamilton-Burlington has reported strong sales continuing in October! “The Fall real estate market just keeps going in our area,” said RAHB CEO George O’Neill. “October is often a good month for sales, but it’s not usually this good.”
Weather you’re thinking of selling your Burlington home now or just simply wondering how much your home in Burlington is worth, read on to find out. Also you’ll learn what you can do to increase your home’s value!
In today’s market homes that are upgraded, have a modern feel, have plenty of curb appeal and come with all sort of “extra” amenities are, as expected, generally worth more. But what sort of things make my home worth more? After all, some renovations wont’ give you as big of a return on investment as others.
Top items home improvement and renovations that you should check off on your list before you get your home ready for sale!
- Upgrade your Kitchen – consider new extended cabinetry and granite countertops, perhaps a kitchen island if space, those are very popular and desired. Make sure the colors go with your flooring.
- Bathroom – revamp your bathroom by change those old cabinets with smaller and tall ones, to open up more space. Replace the tub if worn out, let in more light, if possible.
- Cut energy costs – do an energy audit and see where you can improve it. Consider solar panels, energy-efficient lightning, insulate windows and doors, ensure furnace/heater/ac are energy-efficient.
- Freshly painted walls in neutral light colors! This is a must, and avoid any other colors.
- Flooring – make sure you rip out any carpets and put in hardwood floors. This imporvement will be appreciated and increase the value of home, giving it a facelift. Consider oak stairs while you’re at it.
- Plumbing & electrical – make sure it all works and is up to code. No loose wires, fault outlets, water leaks, dripping, clogged up air vents, etc.. this is a good indicator of how well you kept up your home
- Consider Front exterior aka curb appeal – this is what buyer sees when they first arrive. Having a nice clean lawn makes an excellent impression.
Stop wondering and start planning! Request your Free Burlington Home Market Evaluation! Courtesy of Lori VanDinther, Burlington’s trusted RE/MAX Sales Representative and leader of Team VanDinther!