How important is home staging when selling your home? Most would agree that it produces some impressive results! Home staging has an impact on not only the selling price of the home but also the speed at which a home sells.
According to a survey conducted by HomeGain, the top five home improvements that real estate professionals recommend to sellers are:
- Cleaning and De-cluttering. This is a no brainer for many people who are selling their homes. Obviously we all need to pack, downsize, and organize so that moving is less chaotic than it already is. HomeGain estimates that for a cost of $402 a homes value can increase by up to $2024!!! That is a 403% ROI.
- Lightening and Brightening. A fresh light/bright colour to create the blank canvas buyers need to envision their future in your home; takes you a long way as a seller. Updating light fixtures and making things more streamlined drastically improves the appearance of your home. With estimated costs of $424 this could mean the potential of a $1,690 price increase.
- Repairing Electrical or Plumbing. This will cost a bit more but the ROI is astounding at a potential of $3,175 increase in the selling price.
- Landscaping. We have all heard of curb appeal and know that the beautification of a home is equally as important on the inside as it is on the outside. You could increase the price of your home by up to $1,777 with an investment of $564. Not bad right? Isn’t it a little bit fun to get your hands dirty in the garden?
- Home Staging. We all want to see a homes potential. By creating an ambiance and improving the overall aesthetic of your home you could bring in an extra $2,145!
These are all relatively low cost improvements that sellers can do themselves or with the help of family and friends. These tips and other cost effective home improvements are worth the extra effort and investment.
Ultimately, the simplest of things are all that is necessary to make BIG changes in your selling price. The home staging industry has seen rapid growth and it is because home staging WORKS! The ideal scenario is that a seller’s house goes to market and they can sell their homes for more money and in a smaller time frame. So get your gardening gloves on, your painting overalls and your high waisted jeans for plumbing. It’s time to put a little elbow grease into your home and maximize your ROI’s!! Happy Selling!