When buying or selling a home, the Closing day can be intimidating – so much to do! Here’s a quick checklist for Buyers and Sellers to help take the stress away and make your moving day a GOOD DAY!
If you are selling a home, make sure to do the following:
- Call the Municipality to cancel your automatic monthly property tax and provide your real estate lawyer with your tax statement.
- Call the Utility companies to advise of your move and to cancel your accounts and stop automatic debits from your bank account. The meters will be read on your closing day.
- Call your telephone, cable etc., providers to advise of your move.
- Call your home insurance provider (you must maintain insurance through your closing day).
- If you are selling a condominium, call your property management company to cancel the automatic withdrawals of your monthly common element fees/condo fees.
If you are buying a home, make sure to do the following:
- Instruct your mortgage lender/bank to send your mortgage instructions to your real estate lawyer’s office (We need your mortgage instructions 2 weeks prior to your closing date).
- Call the Municipality after you move in to set up your automatic property tax withdrawals if you wish to be on monthly payments.
- Call the Utility companies to advise of your move and to set up your accounts.
- Call your telephone, cable, etc., providers to advise of your move.
- Call your home insurance provider. We will need to have your “insurance binder” the day before your closing date.
- If you are buying a condominium, call your property management company immediately after you move in to set up the automatic withdrawals for your monthly common element fees/condo fees.
If you are selling your home in Burlington, or moving to Burlington and looking to buy a home – contact Lori VanDinther and her team. As a long time residents of Burlington, they are well familiar with all the neighbourhoods, amenities and good locations to either get your first home, start/raise a family or happily retire.